Wednesday, July 14, 2004

TAR Enjoyment

Mrs. X is studying for the bar for the next two weeks so I guess its up to me to post random TV thoughts. I can't say anything about the other stuff she watches, but I can talk about The Amazing Race. As the show goes on, we'll develop more about the teams and who we like and root for.

Last night's episode was very good. The Big Brother Team went from first to worst in one episode. It was great. I normally don't watch Big Brother, but when Mrs. X last summer we did watch the Saturday episodes together so I am fairly familiar with the BB4 cast. Allison was a total whiney backstabbing bitch in that show and it proved to be a very accurate portrayal of her personality. In the first and second legs of the race, she complained, blamed Donny for everything and offered very little in the way of assistance to him. It just felt very good that they finished first in the first leg and then squandered everything to finish dead last among 10 teams.

I'm not sure, but I think the Pizza Brothers team is being set up as the antagonist team. In a couple of different situations, they've shown their boorish qualities and very American centered point of view. When a local can't help you and you call him a stupid foreigner, I think it shows a real bad side of you.

Everyone else is still getting felt out. I'm liking the military dad/daughter team more. They surprised me with they're good rebound in this leg. The bowling moms are also entertaining to root for. I like the black couple and the internet old couple as well. I'm not getting a winning vibe from any of them yet, but anything can happen. Odds are favoring the Christian models at the moment, but I think they are one bad spill away from losing it.

The little person/cousin team I'm mixed on. I like the little person's spunk and determination, but I am disliking her cousin each more every time I see her. Its a cow, don't be scared of it. I see her being the downfall of this team about halfway through the race.

Lots of good stuff up still. Should be interesting through the rest of the season.

No comments: