Thursday, July 08, 2004

Random Bits

In a move that surprises everyone, I actually don't have anything substantial to talk about. Its been a quiet week so far and I only have little snippets to discuss today:

*Mrs. X is studying hard and trying not to kill herself in the last days of the bar review class.

*I finished rereading Order of the Phoenix. I share Mrs. X's opinion that Harry is very stupid in this book for not doing what he should. I also think that Umbridge should have been punished in a much worse fashion, but I don't think that Rowling is up to my level of death and mayhem.

*Keeping with the Harry Potter theme, I'm starting to reread Chamber of Secrets. I want to go and look through it again and see if Rowling left any hints as to what she left out as to who the half-blood prince may be. It probably won't turn up anything, but its something to look at.

*The Reds continue to fade. Whispers are starting to come about a small fire sale after the All-Star break. I don't really understand that as they need to keep what pitching they do have and try to improve next year.

*One of my coworker's wife had a baby on July 4th. Jared Taylor White is his name and his dad's been showing off the first pictures today. He was a couple of weeks early so he's a little small, but then again, his mom isn't that large of a woman so he may not have been that big even if he had gone full term. He's still very pink and wrinkled.

*I've seen a couple of different editorials saying that VH1's I Love the 90's is just too soon. Maybe, but I still think it'll be fun to watch and laugh. Especially the stuff in the early 90's that we can all still be embarrassed by. Like the slap on bracelets and stuff.

That's about it right now. If something substantial happens in the world that needs discussing, I'll hit it. In the meantime, talk amongst yourselves.

No comments: