Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I Love the 90's

VH1 premiered I Love the 90's last night. I was talking with Mrs. X over the phone so I didn't get to hear 1990, although I did see some of the images on TV. But I did get to see 1991. So far I'm mixed. They're straying into more teenage and adult pop culture stuff and the early 90's was when I went into the teenage angst/ignore the world phase. So some of the stuff I've seen and some of it I don't. I do recognize almost all the movies and TV stuff, even if I haven't seen too much of it. An example of that would be Family Matters. Everyone knows of it, including me, but I didn't watch it. Urkle annoyed me and then I just got more annoyed when people thought it was funny to imitate him and quote him all the time.

I imagine as we get a little closer to the mid-90's it'll get more interesting because that's when I started to reconnect with pop culture stuff. Until then, it'll be a mixed bag. I'll give more updates on the show as I view more of the episodes.

No comments: