Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Wall

Mrs. X likes to make fun of me on occation for my wierd nostalga, but that's okay.

One of Madame S and I's favorite shows to watch growing up was Alvin and the Chipmunks. One episode that stuck in my mind (and didn't get shown very often) was one where the band went to West Berlin and ended up giving a concert over in East Berlin. It was a corny episode, but the song was memorable. I had always assumed that it was a U2 song, but I've never seen it outside of the episode so I must assume that it was an original song.

After the wall came down, the episode wasn't shown much as it seemed very dated. But the song is still good. In a way, it harkens back to the simples of childhood when we had an easily understandable enemy and it was easy to believe that something as simple as a wall coming down could really create lasting peace. Anyway, here's a little bit throw back:

No comments: