Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Aftermath


Well, to say that I was wrong would be an understatement. I honestly expected the people to be a bit more tentative about Mr. Obama and his lack of detail. But if the people are upset enough any change is good, even if it is vague change. Interesting to note that even the the most pessimistic analysts on the right-wing sites underestimated Mr. Obama's victory so I can take some solace in that.

What does it mean going forward? Hard to say. I fully take Mr. Biden at his word that there will be a major assault on this nation or its allies in 2009. Mr. Clinton had the WTC bombing in 1993 and Mr. Bush had 9/11 in their first years. What his response will be will be interesting. Although I think Al Qaeda would like to be the major perpetrators of this attack, I lean more towards an Iranian sponsored attack on Israel to feel out Mr. Obama rather than a direct assault as we saw for the last two Presidents.

We don't know how things will go in type of attack based on both Mr. Obama's lack of experience and the great unknown that is the Israeli leadership. I will say that even if Israel stands alone with the most incompetent boobs you can imagine leading her, I firmly believe that she will survive against all odds. It is us who have abandoned her that will reap sorrow. I don't mean to be melodramatic, but I am a very strong believer in the promises God has made to His people and while Mr. Obama might turn into the greatest friend Israel has ever had, I have yet to see any evidence of that fact. Here's hoping that I'm as wrong about this as I was about the results of the election.

No comments: