Thursday, April 01, 2004

Entertainment Recap

Well, step 1 in the media process is done. Yesterday as I was finishing watching "West Wing," I saw a made for TV movie advertised. The movie will be on NBC, Sunday April 11. Its title is Homeland Security. While the description on NBC's website seems to make it look like its going to follow counter-terrorism agents in the field, the pictures I saw tell a very different story. It appears to me to be a movie of the events leading up to, during, and the retaliation for 9/11. While I'm sure its going to be very up with the people and we're so patriotic, it still bothers me. If its easy to make a movie about the event, how much time will pass before its just another big event in history, suitable for exploitation by Hollywood scriptwriters? That's still a big step away, but the little first step has been taken.

On lighter entertainment news, I enjoyed West Wing for the first time in quite a few episodes. I'm a little partial to CJ centered stories, mostly because she is the most well rounded and human character on the show. She's also the best actor on the show, possibly with the exception of Martin Sheen but its a thin separation at best. I also like the mockumentary style which gives it a more real look. Its easy to get emotionally invested in a situation like that. Similar but not quite as campy as the live ER episode a few years back.

Survivor is on tonight as well as the Apprentice. For Apprentice and American Idol information, please go to The Couch Critic. I don't really follow that show. Now, Survivor, I do watch. I can't make any speculation on it because of the twist coming up. What little stuff I've seen, leads me to believe that there will be a tribal mix up. Some preview pictures for tonight's episode showed Boston Rob in a green buff and some of the Mogo Mogo people in the red buffs. Rob and (L)Amber seem to be split up as well. Its really going to depend on how the tribes shake up. I think Jerri has the biggest target on her back, but until we can see how people have been placed fully, we won't know which alliances are intact. Should be interesting.

No comments: