Monday, March 22, 2004

Weekend Fallout

I was not immune from the fallout of this weekend. But, unlike other people I work with and am close to, I didn't get skinned as bad. I did have Kentucky in the Final Four, but I did not have them winning. I still have three teams in the Final Four, both of my finals teams and the champion still intact. So, to keep my bracket going, I need to root for Duke, UConn, and Oklahoma St.

But, if we choose to forgo the brackets and just root for teams we like, how cool would it be if Illinois knocked off Duke? Its not going to happen, but it would be neat to think about. Or, what if St. Joe, the one #1 that everyone was picking not to make it, is the only #1 to make it to the Final Four? This is also a possibility but rather rare as St. Joe still has to fight through Wake Forrest and either Pittsburgh or Oklahoma St. With they're lack of rebounding, its a little farfetched. But still cool to think about.

In other news, the soon to be Mrs. X and I made good progress over the weekend concerning wedding stuff. We locked down the flowers, cake, and tuxedos. We also made good progress towards picking out the wedding rings and got some more information on where we think we'll be holding the rehearsal dinner. Mrs. X is also meeting with the invitation person today. So I'm going to be considerably poorer at the end of the week, but good progress is worth that.

No comments: