Monday, March 08, 2004

Gems

What is it about gemstones that grabs the attention? My fiancee loves her diamond ring simply because its very sparkly. I can see how that would be an attraction. I myself have an affection for sapphires, despite the fact that neither of us, or anyone in our immediate family, was born in September. I don't know, there's just something that really grabs me. I love blue and especially dark blues. Emeralds are also gems that grab my attention. At least I have good reason to pursue emeralds as my fiancee was born in May.

The real problem is pacing yourself so that you don't go after all the gems in one big blow. Its much nicer to buy them at random times and give them as gifts at special occations. Of course, you also have to find reasons for your fiancee to wear jewelry so that involves going to nice fancy parties and such. So that's even more money down the tube. Ah, to be rich.

No comments: