Thursday, March 04, 2004

Mystery Theme CD

You know, the only time I've ever sent in a request for information from a company was to PBS. I sent off an e-mail to ask if there had been any discussion of a compilation CD of the various Mystery themes. For those of you unaware, Mystery is a PBS program dealing with stories about various detective dramas. The productions are usually British so you won't find them as easily here in the US. Some of the most common ones are the Jeremy Brett versions of Sherlock Holmes, Inspector Morse, and various Agatha Christie mysteries (Poirot and Miss Marple being the most common of those).

Anyway, I got a response back from PBS saying that they were not working on it at that time. I imagine it might be a little difficult depending on the licencing agreements that PBS has to work out with the BBC. So, looks like it won't happen anytime in the near future.

This is why I've bantered about the idea for the last few months of trying to build the CD myself. I have copies of the Mystery theme, Sherlock Holmes, Inspector Morse, Miss Marple, Cadfael, and Poirot. I know what the source is for Adam Daughlish and a couple of other minor ones that were on. Its just a question of getting a hold of them. Then its up to me to either get a CD burner myself or enlist the aid of someone like my sister and brother-in-law who do have a burner. We shall see.

No comments: