Friday, October 20, 2006

A Palatable World Series

I am an absolutely fabulous 0-6 in predicting the baseball playoffs. In fact, I'm so bad that I even predicted the manner of the LCS wrong. I was sure that the ALCS would go at least 6 games and maybe even 7. I thought if there was a chance for a sweep, it would be the Mets. Instead, the Tigers sweep the A's and the Cardinals down the Mets in 7.

Fortunately for me, I'm not a sports gambler and have not lost any money on the playoffs.

So, now what? Even before we knew who the participants were, I said that the American League would defeat the National League team. I see no reason to back off that sentiment. We have been selling the Cardinals short in the playoffs so far, but I just can't quite wrap my brain around St. Louis besting Detroit. The Tigers have this "team of destiny" aura about them right now. Personally, I think St. Louis' only chance is if the Tigers might have gotten out of the groove they found themselves in. But even if they did, I think that only gives St. Louis a chance to stretch the series to 6 or 7 games. My feeling at this point is that the Tigers will win in 5.

So that means put all your bets on St. Louis.

No comments: