Monday, March 21, 2005

The Devil Went Down to Indiana to Play Basketball

Well, it was not the best first and second round for me. Mrs. X had a much better weekend. She's currently sitting in first place in her office pool, although she needs some help from the underdog opponents to fully cement her in place (read Texas Tech or West Virginia in the Final 4).

I myself am still alive. I've lost 1 Final Four pick already (Wake Forest) but my remaining 3 are still alive as are both of my championship teams. Whether I beat Mrs. X or she beats me in our little head to head pool are pretty much dependent on two things: who goes to the Final Four from the Austin bracket (Duke or Kentucky) and who wins the Championship among our two picks (Illinois or North Carolina). If none of these things come to pass then Mrs. X will beat me on the simple merit of having had a better first and second round. But such is life.

On another note, much discussion has been raised about the Terry Schiavo incident. Whether she lives or dies does not really concern me. What does get me riled is that Congress decided to step in and make this a federal issue. That this even got to the courts is annoying, but as it did, this is a state issue. It should be kept within the bounds of the laws and regulations of the state of Florida. That my tax dollars are being used to score political points irritates the living heck out of me.

Lastly, the devil has been sighted on the back of a turtle that survived a pet shop fire. Opinions are mixed as to whether or not he is still in the area.

No comments: