Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Reality Update

How is this for funny: Mr. Kerry and Mr. Bush are both scheduled for campaign stops in the same town at the same time, and I am very familiar with both locations. Both candidates will be making stops in Davenport, IA, about 30 miles north of the town my parents live in. I used to head up to Davenport a lot while I was in high school and college. The fact that both men are in the same town at the same time is even funnier to me since I know where the locations are and can picture them. Although, I'm a little surprised Mr. Bush is there. Despite it being in the heart of the Midwest, the QC have enough manufacturing jobs to make it a very solidly Democratic area. I couldn't even tell you the last time a Republican represented the 17th district of Illinois.

Anyway, the real news on my mind is The Amazing Race. Mrs. X and I are sliding more and more into dislike of Myrna. Certainly her loud, obnoxious comments during the caviar eat while several other women were getting sick, were very annoying. I don't like the Texas couple very much either, but there is no need for that kind of poor sportsmanship.

I have a strong feeling that we will be saying goodbye to the twins very soon. They keep lagging towards the back and one of them was clearly very sick from the caviar eating. They themselves said that they don't have a partner who really balances out their weaknesses. I expect Egypt will be hard on them and we will be seeing them fall by the wayside before too long. I hope the same doesn't happen to the bowling moms but I'm getting skeptical of seeing them past India (which I suspect they will be going to after Egypt). We shall see but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens tonight.

Mrs. X has also given up on her TV blog and will only be keeping up one blog from now on. I suspect she'll give TV her focus there after the wedding. But for those of you starved for her BB5 thoughts, I can tell you that she is relieved that the Four Horsemen seem to be breaking down and that their leader, Scott, is looking like the key figure in being knocked out. She is also ticked to see the reaction with the red-headed twins reveal themselves and give notices to the meathead alliance, as she calls them, realize that they are down another vote. I'm sure she'll give you updates as necessary.

No comments: