Monday, February 03, 2014

Coffee Needed

Well, when I'm wrong, I'm hella wrong. I was thinking the Super Bowl would be a close game with the Broncos squeaking it out at the end. Instead, the Broncos swapped places with the Cincinnati Bengals and got torched. The game was over by halftime and I didn't even get the fun of seeing the Broncos get blanked (which would have at least been a Super Bowl first) to justify watching this lopsided game.

Now if you were rooting for Seattle, I'm sure you've never had a better three hours. But for the rest of us, it was boring. I'd be curious to see if there was any significant drop in the viewing audience after halftime. I must admit, I thought about switching over to Downton Abbey, but since there isn't much TV on Monday and Tuesday, we decided to keep it on and save Downton for when there was nothing else on.

I'm not even going to talk about the commercials because none of them stuck out in my mind at all. I think the only one that even registered a chuckle was the Heinz ketchup ad and that was best summed up by Mrs. X and her old college roommate who both questioned whether or not people even use glass ketchup bottles anymore.

So now the offseason talk will center on Manning and how long it will be before he retires. I'm sure the doctors will have much to say about that, but if he is able to play for another season or two, he will. I also believe that after this performance if Mr. Manning were to return to the Super Bowl and win, he would be obligated to retire.

Here's to next season where every team starts on equal footing and only the Cleveland Browns have already been eliminated from the playoffs.

No comments: