Monday, October 12, 2009

LCS Time

Well, I'm 1-2 in the baseball playoffs so far. Some of that was colored by wishful thinking (at least concerning St. Louis). But the Dodgers, Yankees, and Angels have all advanced in sweeps and I only picked the Yankees. I picked the Phillies and they are up 2-1 with game 4 tonight. So I might end the first round 2-2.

While I would love to see the Angels win, I still think the Yankees are just the better team (and with the better pitching). I would pick the Yankees in 6. Game 1 is Friday with the match-ups scheduled as Sabathia (NY) vs Lackey (Ana).

As far as LA, if the Rockies win, LA shouldn't have too much difficulty taking them out. Philadelphia has better pitching and I would favor them in a seven game series.

If we are destined to get the Yankees in the World Series, I would like to see the Dodgers match up against them. Not that I like the Dodgers (I actually significantly dislike them due to my Padres loyalties) but I do like Joe Torre and I would like to see him take down the team that dumped him.

But that's the next round and we are not there yet.

No comments: