Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Houses and Politics

With political season over for now, I must apologize for my lack of posting. Its easy to get distracted by other projects when you aren't feeling a strong urge to yell out about things. So I will try to do better here in the coming months.

I've actually got a project that I'm working on now and I'll make periodic updates to. I'm at a bit of an impasse now so I'll wait until I've resolved something that's been bugging me before I fully update everyone.

As you might have guessed from reading Mrs. X's blog, we're in the process of moving into a house. We had a little setback this weekend as we found that the downstairs bathroom pipe accidentally had a nail put into it, causing water to leak everywhere. They fixed the pipe and are now replacing the flooring for the bathroom, laundry room, and hall which got saturated. They should have it done by the time we move in this weekend and then we can just forget the whole incident.

And just for you old-timers, I leave you with this little bit of political news/gossip. It appears that the former campaign manager for Senator Clinton's 2000 run is being charged with fraud. It seems he underreported a fundraising gala and was able to keep nearly $300,000 in the campaign coffers illegally. No one knows if Mrs. Clinton had any knowledge of the incident, but it is exactly the type of thing she wants to avoid as she begins to get things in motion for her 2006 reelection campaign. Stay tuned.

No comments: