Monday, December 06, 2004

Tonight You Will Play Miss Saigon,

Mrs. X and I went to see Miss Saigon over the weekend. How was it? Pretty good. We both had seen it before and when I look back on it, I think this version was a little better. The quality of the singing and acting was about the same (although I liked the engineer in the previous version I saw a little better) but the set and choreography was better in this production. The helicopter scene was done with a hologram which allowed for greater capacity of movement and making it seem more real. There was also an interesting dance with a dragon and tiger puppet during the Year of the Dragon routine, which added to the intensity of the song. The theater was nice too. This was my first time to the Aronoff Center and it is quite an impressive place. Good sound, nice build and very orderly. Mrs. X and I look forward to seeing another show there.

We also had the holiday party for my work the same day. The party was somewhat bleh, especially since we had already eaten before the party started. But it was held at the ballpark downtown which meant that we could go into the Reds Hall of Fame. Very enjoyable and even had some fun interactive things. My favorite was the do it yourself press box where you got to make the call on your choice of 6 events in Reds' history. We called Lou Pinella throwing first base in 1990 and the scoring of the winning run in game 2 of the 1990 World Series. I was complemented by the way I said, "... and this one belongs to the Reds." Not bad for a 2 year transplant.

So it was a fun weekend. But now I get the fun of running out for a meeting with the finance people for the house. I can only imagine what joy that will be.

No comments: