Monday, October 04, 2004

Back in the Ring

Well, after much anticipation, the wedding and honeymoon are over. I have a band of gold on my left hand and I can call Mrs. X that without contradiction now. We had a nice wedding and they only problem we had was the inexperience of the DJ during the reception. Although we did almost have a couple of falls during the ceremony. Still, it all went together well. Afterwards we lit out on the honeymoon. We traveled to Williamsburg, VA and then to the outer banks of North Carolina. Surprisingly enough, we didn't have any bad weather. We did run into the remanents of Jeanne during our drive back home across NC on Tuesday but aside from that, we never saw rain. Heck, the first three days in Williamsburg we didn't even see clouds. It was just that nice. Various friends and relatives are putting together pictures of the wedding and honeymoon. When I'm made aware of them, I'll see if I can't get a link up to a couple.

For those of you who read this and helped out or sent gifts/cards we are very appreciative and Mrs. X has been working diligently on the thank yous. I only offer moral support and the purchasing of stamps because its universally recognized that I have terrible handwriting.

So I don't bore all of you with talk of the wedding and honeymoon, I call your attention to the successful second flight of Spaceship One and its capture of the X prize. Fully viable and affordable space travel are still quite a ways away, but this does make for a very interesting step forward in terms of our quest to colonize other planets. 2001 may not have been much like the movie, but maybe we can make 2010 a little closer to way it was portrayed, though I doubt we'll find a monolith orbiting Jupiter.

No comments: