Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Commercials

Mrs. X and I were talking last night about old commercials and celebrities (before they were famous) who starred in them. That got me thinking about some old commercials that I remember. My view on commercials is a little stilted since the Armed Forces Network aired PSAs instead of product advertisements during the commercial breaks of shows. As such, the commercials I remember I saw over and over again on TV that had been recorded in the States and shipped to us in Japan.

Here's a few that were memorable and I've been able to find:

Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Donkey Kong Jr. Cereal:


Kentucky Fried Chicken (Hot Deal):


McDonald's (First Day):


There's a couple of others that stick in my mind but I can't find. One was a variation on the Hubba Bubba Gum Fighter (it probably didn't get broadcast much because of a somewhat caricature Native American portrayal). Another was a McDonald's commercial where a more sinister looking Hamburgler steals the hamburger pals and Ronald has to rescue them. Also a singing HI-C ad.

Ahhh... good times.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Omg I love the Donkey Kong commercial!! And what about the Nestle commercial where the kid paints the whole tree red and white stripes? ;)