Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election 2010

As I did two years ago, I'll be posting my random thoughts throughout the day. I'll be doing it on paper and then uploading it later after I leave work so it's more of a historical record rather than a good checking document on happening things.

6:53 AM - Polls have been open for nearly an hour in KY and half an hour in OH. I've printed off my cheat sheet for the house races for tonight:


7:00 AM - Per the discussion I had with Mrs. X last night, here's a list of the OH races we'll be watching (incumbents are bold):

Governor: Ted Strickland (D) vs. John Kasich (R)
Attorney General: Richard Cordray (D) vs. Mike DeWine (R)
Secretary of State: Maryellen O'Shaughnessy (D) vs. Jon Husted (R)
Treasurer: Kevin Boyce (D) vs. Josh Mandel (R)
Auditor: David Pepper (D) vs. David Yost (R)
Senator: Lee Fisher (D) vs. Rob Portman (R)

8:07 AM - Captain Ed agrees with me.

11:47 AM - Early reports suggesting lighter turnout in several liberal districts relative to '08. General turnout has been heavy but far below that of the last election.

2:18 PM - Gallup is reporting an enthusiasm gap of 19 points.

3:30 PM - Heading off to vote.
4:15 PM - Voter #310 at my polling place. Pretty high in my opinion.
6:00 PM - Polls closing in parts of IN, KY, and NH
6:10 PM - Hodes (D) leads Ayotte (R) in NH 7-5.
6:12 PM - Paul (R) up 57-42 with >1% reporting in KY
6:13 PM - Fox is listing KY-6 as a race to watch. I doubt it.
6:30 PM - IN-8 at 51-43 for the Republican with 4% reporting.
7:00 PM - Coats (R-IN), Paul (R-KY), Leahy (D-VT), Demint (R-SC) all projected winners
7:45 PM - 5% in and Rubio (R) up 50-22 over Crist (I) in FL.
7:46 PM - D wins KY-3
8:22 PM - Portman wins OH senate seat.

No comments: