Monday, May 24, 2010

His Name was Samuel

Lost is officially over. A very good show, tedious at times, frustrating at others, but still an overall good experience.

I myself enjoyed the finale. I had made peace with the idea a few weeks ago that we were not going to get answers to all our questions. The finale did a pretty good job of reminding people that the show ultimately was about characters and not the location.

That being said, some answers are nice to get. Obviously we didn't want the laundry list approach that we got in Revenge of the Sith, but an answer here and there was good (closure on Rose, Bernard, and Vincent for example). Rumor has it that the additional 20 minutes of footage that will be on the DVD will contain a couple of answers. I don't know if the name of the Man-in-Black was to be part of that, but I read a post that had that info. That post has been removed so I don't know how accurate that info is. Still, it makes for a good post title.

I am sad that Lost is gone, but I enjoyed it and maybe I'll even think about picking up the DVDs someday. But I think some time will have to pass before I go down that road.

No comments: