Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Quick Update

Mrs. X and I had a good Memorial Day weekend that involved a lot of eating (especially cake) and a fair amount of West Wing. Of course, these were all episodes back in the good era of the show (Season 1 - Season 3).

Anyway, I don't have much time so I'll save the rest of the posting for later. As I expected, the Lakers beat the T'Wolves and will be going on to beat up either Indiana or Detroit. Maybe Detroit can play enough defense to put together a win over the West but I'm not that hopeful.

On a brighter note, the Stanley Cup finals are tied 2-2 with a nasty series brewing between Calgary and Tampa Bay. I've only been able to watch parts of game 2 and 4 but it looks like there's some nasty blood brewing between these two. Over 92 penalty minutes assessed in game 2. That's a nasty game. It should get interesting in game 5.

Shockingly, the Reds are still 2.5 games up on Houston going into June. I don't know how long their luck will hold out, but I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can.

No comments: